Monday, November 3, 2014

Time to Nudge Ya

I know I know.....it isn't polite to nudge someone....hey I'm Canadian after all....The last thing I want to do is offend anyone or make them feel like I'm putting them on the spot.

But it's my blog and I'll nudge if I want to ")

I'm just going to come right out with it. Where is your written list of goals?
If you can answer that in three seconds, you have failed the test.

I can not overemphasize how important it is for you to make written goals and to have them in a handy place that you can review them daily or several times daily if necessary.

Human nature dictates that we are so easily distracted...by minutia, by news, by fashion, by bills, by drama, and gossip and the list goes on.  But if you won't stick to your goals who is going to get you back on track?
It is up to you. If you can't find a pen, use a crayon from your child's coloring box. If you can't find anything to write with, then type it into your cell phone as a new contact on your list of stored contacts.

You might be rolling your eyes right now....is it really that important to clutter up my slick cell phone with
a motley bunch of written goals that might not come true? Hey there, I caught ya...you already have given up on your goals even before writing them down. That is the real reason you don't want to write them down. The fear of failure is preventing you from setting any goals at all.

Well, mister or missy, it's time to get over yourself and how your emotions might be screaming for more coffee this Monday morning. I am just going to tell you nice and quietly but firmly......you still HAVE to write down those goals, even if your confidence in yourself has wavered. Emotions come and go, but your goals can remain. Confidence can be fickle. Winning comes when you ignore your feelings and take steps towards your goals anyway!

That is all I am asking from you this cloudy quiet Monday morning. Take that step today and write down those goals. And when you do, send me a quick comment in the section below to let me know you did it! You DID IT!
We are here to cheer you on. Now go find that pencil.

Peaceful productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here!